Re: Water Tank Installation [long post]

Hi Tim

>Thanks for sharing in another excellent post

No problem

? it's given me some new
>enthusiasm to revisit water recycling at my house :-)

Great !!!

>My only concern with this option was what
>Lee raised ? the possibility/inevitability of sand & silt
accumulating
>in the main tank

Well i hoping the filter on the out going side of my pump will catch all
that or most of it....connecting down pipes to the tank would have the same
issues i think.....

>Presumably the outlet to your pump isn't at the very
>bottom of the tank so you could tolerate some build-up before having
>to wash/dig(?) it out.

Actually it is quite low about 25mm from the bottom......

>I'm particularly impressed (as ever) with your neat panel wiring and
>the level probe

Well panel wiring is part of my job so if i cant get that right im in
trouble ;-)

>Is there a simpler way to detect level without using
>ICs? I've been looking for float switches but none of the cheap ones
>I've found are suitable for operating fully submerged

You might get something from R.S..    My drain floatswitch has stuck off a
couple of times and thats why im thinking of using two of the sensor inputs
on of my boards as a backup...

Frank