Hi everyone - I'm a new member to the list

  • Subject: Hi everyone - I'm a new member to the list
  • From: "Simon Smith" <s.j.smith@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:57:24 +0100

Hi all,

Mark has just pointed me in the direction of this mailing list - don't know
why I've not spotted it before! My name is Simon. I'm 24 from Warwickshire
UK, and I've been interested in home automation for many years although
I've
only been able to start exploring my ideas recently.

I've got several projects underway and completed. One of them is the rack (
http://tinyurl.com/6rmj9v) which
contains most of the hardware and which I
recently completed (http://tinyurl.com/55ljam) and made
some additions to (
http://tinyurl.com/5wd7eb) and the
other major one is the recently completed
self-built whole house audio system (http://tinyurl.com/5t6ews).

A few months ago the projects were featured in an article on AH (
http://tinyurl.com/4jaf97) and as
mentioned they won me a Prius thanks to
ZDNet UK (who ran the competition) and Intel (who sponsored it with the
prize). That's provided me with an excuse to keep spending money on the
projects and the confidence boost to keep going with them.

I look forward hearing about all things automation via this list.

Simon