Re: ISO or VOB for ripping DVD Movie collection to Hard Drive

From: "Peer Oliver Schmidt" <posde@xxxxxxx>

> Hello Paul,
>
> > Any thought,s on which format to go with would help
> > So far Ripped about 10 movies to ISO an the XBMC seems to be
great

> I would rip to ISO. You have access to vobs by easily mounting those
> ISO images, and can very easily burn them onto a new DVD in case you
> lost (or scratched) the original.

I rip to ISO's (>284) basically because i brought the slysoft suite and
clone CD was the only one that made sense. I have found they play on a
chipped xbox or on a PC using virtual clone drive. Even my brother gets how
it works (click on the sheep icon, use the menu's like normal.

They don't work with the 360 through tversity but then neither do VOSBs
(not
sure about the ps3).

I have yet to find a device that will do vobs but not isos. I know Phil
feels different as he rips to vobs- He only uses the main title though so
less space used.

Bro