Latest message you have seen: Re: Electricity meter monitoring

Re: [OT] pallet shipping from US to UK

With my work we have shipped our equipment from the UK to USA and then
back again.

We use a freight company, preferably one that has operations in both
countries, as they sort out customs clearance and if the company has
offices in both countries, the paperwork becomes easier (i.e. you don't
get two freight companies dealing with each other and then no-one doing
the customs paperwork).

The last compnay we used here for USA-UK shipments was Charles Kendall
Freight (UK).  They handled the process  for us and have done a good
job. I can't tell you if their charges are reasonable or not, but they
deliver on time. A US company we were adivsed to use weren't very good.

No link to Charles Kendall, etc, etc.

Not sure about shipping from the USA to UK but if shipping to the USA,
pallets need to be plastic or if wooden, they need to be heat treated.

Geoff

Paul Gale wrote:
> Has anyone shipped a pallet of kit from the US to UK? (or taken part
of a container). Just wondering on costs and any advice you would give.