Latest message you have seen: Re: Electricity meter monitoring

Re: NEW HA PROJECT

Indeed, I used a Mitsubishi Alpha-2 PLC for the boiler control. In
theory if all the xAP/PC went down then you can flick two switches and
it reverts to 'traditional' control - one stat on the landing and one
for the UFH with an Immersion for hot water - in practice never had to
do that, the only interruptions being power failure or me 'fiddling'.
You can use one wire sensors and inputs (in my case Netiom's) to
surround the PLC to monitor it and the boiler in the HA system.

Doing it again I'd probably still use the same approach though I'd use
one of the Alpha's with more I/O. With the number of zones (19
actuators, 5 pumps, 5 motorised valves) any of the other systems
(smartkontrol, Honeywell, etc) would have been prohibitive.

Lehane