Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] Exchange hosting recomendation

Re: Touch screen advice needed

  • Subject: Re: Touch screen advice needed
  • From: "rb_ziggy" <rb.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:41:42 -0000

Powerstrip - yes been there, got the scars! However, the PC/server I
use for HA has the regular on-board Intel (I think) graphics chip set
and Powerstrip will not work with that.  Of course the obvious answer
is to get a basic new ATI/NVIDEA video card and pop it in.  That's
easy enough but as I ended up building and developing all my xLobby
screens around a 1280x768 layout it's a major pain to redo these.

Perhaps when I'm forced off of xLobby (as its a dodo product from the
sustainable viewpoint) I'll revisit this.  In the meantime the native
800x480 screen does an amazing job at rendering the much bigger
layout.  It's perfectly ok to use the native windows desktop (bit
small on text) behind the xLobby screen when necessary, even in
touchscreen mode!

However, for reconfiguration and maintenance I usually access that PC
via VNC - much easier to use a 1280x768 window on a 1920x1200 24"
screen;-)

(Real shame about xLobby though as it was sooo close to being great.
It just needed a slightly better HA interface - I use xAP with it -
and it would have been perfect.)

Richard