Re: Cable Fishing kit?! Reccomendations....cheap of course!

  • Subject: Re: Cable Fishing kit?! Reccomendations....cheap of course!
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 12:09:38 -0000

Fantastic, thanks all, I went for a set similar to that budget option
from ebay, =A312 all in I think.
So 'officially' cables aren't allowed to be run in cavities?! Is that
run on their own?  So is it allowed if I were to run conduit and have
the cables inside that?

I do occasionally suffer from short term memory loss so if I will have
to make sure I write down these regs rules to make sure I don't
'accidentally' forget and run the cables!!

What I'm looking to do is get some cat 5 cables from downstairs to
upstairs, and possibly a couple of component leads as well.
Hoping to push from the loft to minimise holes needed in each of the
rooms!!

Expecting pushing the component leads through to be a bit of a pig but
thats massively cheaper than using something like Kat 5 units when the
distance is so short!

Thanks again all,=20
Noel