RE: [OT] web 'n' walk shared via a wireless access point + router?

I have one of those... - works quite well, - at least it did when I
used to=
use it... - it has a PC-Card slot in the top for the 3G PC-card, - it does=
NOT support the newer USB dongle 3G modems that all the suppliers seem to =
be offering now...

Obviously, I Recently got my 3G card upgraded to a USB dongle, so now I
can=
't really use this router any more... _ I still have the PC-card though,
so=
I *could* put my SIM back in it if I reall ynedded to, - but the PCcard to=
ps out at 1.8MB, whereas the USB version supports up to 7.2MB connection
sp=
eeds.

Also, the card, dongle, & SIM I have are all Vodafone branded, and I
don't =
know if any of it is locked. - The router itself isn't though, so I assume
=
it should work with any functioning PC-Card 3G adapter..

Since I no longer make much use of it, I may be persuaded to part with it
f=
or a reasonable sum.. I was thinking of sticking it on Ebay sometime
anyway=

However, I can't test it with any other network apart from Vodafone...

Paul G.

Tim
> Sent: 08 January 2008 22:23
> To: UKHA Group
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] web 'n' walk shared via a wireless access
poin=
t + router?
>=20
> Alan,
>=20
> Is this any good?
> http://www.expansys.com/d.aspx?i=3D129557
 ~=A3130 + sim + contract
> (I was expecting them to cost *much* more than that...)
>=20
> HTH,
>=20
> Tim.
>=20

be idea=
l.

> > Cost of the equipment would also be a factor :(
> >
> > TIA,
> >
> > Alan.
>=20
>=20