Re: Re: SATA NAS with Ethernet?

On Jan 7, 2008 10:26 AM, Mark McCall <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> The reason I wanted a NAS is that my Jukebox machine (built nearly
three
> years ago - http://tinyurl.com/24mhca ) has VIA
mobo with a single slot
> which is taken up with an IDE controller and it's maxed out with 8
drives.

By maxed out I presume you mean you've run out of diskspace and
there's no space to add anymore drives (rather than it doesn't have
enough throughput)?

Isn't that always the challenge with any storage, if you'd have bought
the same capacity in a NAS box three years ago I suspect you'd still
be running out of space.

Could you not just put some larger drives in your current box?