[OT] Vista expert needed !!!

  • Subject: [OT] Vista expert needed !!!
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 21:38:59 -0000

Hi All,

Following a disaster over Christmas when my faithful old laptop trashed the
registry and forced a complete rebuild, I have decided that the time has
come to buy a shiny new laptop.

Now the crunch..... Everything now comes with Vista of which I have very
little knowledge but some searching for info on the programs that I use the
most reveals that all of my most used programs have problems with Vista :(

>From the laptops I hve looked at so far, most seem to have the hard
drive as
one massive partition, what I want to know is....

1. it is possible to shrink the size of the Vista partition from Vista
itself and create another partition without having to trash the laptop.

2. if that is possible, can I then install XP Pro on second partition and
have a dual boot system.

I have just managed to make a desktop machine XP Pro/Vista so that I can
familiarise myself a bit more with Vista but am wondering how to get XP as
the second OS installed when Vista is already present.

3. From what I have read so far, even though IIS can be installed on Vista,
Home Premium will only alow 3 simultaneous connections which isnt
sufficient
for what I want to do :(

Its bad enough that I occasionally hit the connection limit on XP Pro at
the
moment.

Thanks in advance

Keith