Re: Whole House Audio Touchscreen Setup on a Budget

  • Subject: Re: Whole House Audio Touchscreen Setup on a Budget
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 18:06:11 -0000

Fully agree, if there's others involved then Sonos is easier however
it's also a bucket load of money!
For many rooms it is a LOT of money, personally I think it's worth it
but for many it is out of budget.
SWMBO approval factor of my approach i think is pretty good, its very
easy to operate on the ipod touch, not quite as quick as a sonos but
pretty good
any specific questions let me know!
cheers

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Sean <thunderchilduk@...> wrote:

> Hmmm tbh I know that when I looked at getting airport/mac swmbo
> approval was very low.
>
> The Sonos does what it says on the tin with no tweaking or fiddling,
> it just works (sounds like another product I know).
>
> I can't think of anything that sonos can do, that a home computer
> setup with custom made scripts couldn't replicate.
>
> But I know know what one my wife would choose ;)
>
> Sean
>
> On Jan 2, 2008 12:43 PM, Ho Yin Ng <architect.hoyin@...> wrote:
> > Thanks Mark
> >
> > It looks good and coupled with EyeTV I might go for this over
Sonos.

> > Different zones don't bother me as my place is too small.
> >
> > Can anyone think of something that the Sonos would offer me that
this setup
> > would not?
> >
> > Ho Yin
> >
> > On 01/01/2008, Mark McCall <lists@...> wrote:
> > >
> > >   Submission by Noel Andrews - I love the idea of Sonos but
for
me the
> > > price
> > > is prohibitive. Being almost entirely a Mac household I've
used
an airport
> > > express for a few months now and with the release of the
Ipod
touch and
> > > the
> > > discovery of Remote Buddy seeds of a solution were planted.
Read
on to