Fw: Re: HDMI Over CAT5 Gets Affordable

  • Subject: Fw: Re: HDMI Over CAT5 Gets Affordable
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 14:51:49 -0000

Gareth,

I wasn't trying to make a dig or upset anyone. I am just trying to
work through the options in my own mind before purchasing equipment.

>From what I have read the ideal soultion would be a HDMI matirx
switch with inbuilt balun for running over Cat5 to the TV in each
room. However, either such a product doesn't exist or would cost
10's thousands of pounds.

So to do it more cheaply I could use a componet matrix switch (they
are cheaper) but still quite expensive.

Or, from what I have read I could use a media centre PC connected to
Sky and stream over the network to a media centre extender?

Paul