Re: HDMI Over CAT5 Gets Affordable

  • Subject: Re: HDMI Over CAT5 Gets Affordable
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 12:25:26 -0000

I'm struggling to get this straight in my head.

What is the benefit of running HDMI over Cat5 cable to the TV over=20
installing a Media Centre PC with a Capture card and streaming to=20
Media Extenders attached to the TV?

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...>=20
wrote:

> They require two CAT5's I believe ...  and I guess it's quite=20
important=20
> that the lengths are well matched... (you did pull that spare=20
cable=20
> everyone ?)
> There are HDMI active extenders that will do similar lengths on=20
that=20
> site too .=20
> Interested to see how this pans out and awaiting the KAT5=20
alternative=20
> ..   and I wont ask the next obvious question ;-)
>=20
>=20
> Paul Gale wrote:
> > Cool - let us know how it goes - especially any subjective=20
reports on quality of a cable vs these boxes and a longish length of=20
Cat5 if possible???

> > Paul.
> >

> >=20=20=20
Behalf
> >> Of John Risby
> >> Sent: 03 January 2008 10:06
> >> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> >> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] HDMI Over CAT5 Gets Affordable
> >>
> >> Decided to go for this one and will report back. Found a
5%=20
discount