Re: Re: Mac Mini and External Firewire Drives

I have done the same as well.

1 4 Drive Sata Case from www.span.com + Sata to FW cards
http://www.span.com/catalog/spanstor_system.php?products_id=7478&x=38&y=5

Currently running with 2 *500Gb Mirrored for essential data
and adding a single 750Gb drive for media.

Ben

On 1 Jan 2008, at 12:58, Phil Harris wrote:

> That's pretty much what I did too ... Some big 8 bay IDE to firewire
> cases
> from www.specialtech.co.uk but they weren't exactly put together to
> be quiet
> as they had to be able to survive in a room that would regularly hit
> 35
> degrees C.
>
> The Mac Mini is Firewire 400 but Firewire 800 is backwards
> compatible with
> Firewire 400 and so you can use anything that is USB 2.0 / Firewire
> 400 /
> Firewire 800 with the appropriate adaptors / hubs etc...
>
> Phil

input
> > from others

> > playback. Thus