RE: Re: Mac Mini and External Firewire Drives

That's pretty much what I did too ... Some big 8 bay IDE to firewire cases
from www.specialtech.co.uk but they weren't exactly put together to be
quiet
as they had to be able to survive in a room that would regularly hit 35
degrees C.

The Mac Mini is Firewire 400 but Firewire 800 is backwards compatible with
Firewire 400 and so you can use anything that is USB 2.0 / Firewire 400 /
Firewire 800 with the appropriate adaptors / hubs etc...

Phil

personal