Freeview PVR - Humax vs TopField vs ???

  • Subject: Freeview PVR - Humax vs TopField vs ???
  • From: "Andy Davies" <dajdavies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 12:47:02 +0000

We're thinking of replacing our Tivo with a Freeview PVR and have sort
of narrowed it down to either a Humax 9200 or a Topfield 5800...

The area we live in is a bit marginal for Freeview, mux 2 can be a bit
flakey at times but it's better than our analogue reception most of
the time (think we at least need a new down lead from the aerial)

As the UI's on both the Humax and Toppy look equally crap we're
leaning towards the Toppy with one of the EPG TAPs installed, but
wondered how the loop through from one tuner to the next will affect
reception in the second tuner (suppose we could always use one of the
amps that also splits the signal to get over this).

So any suggestions on which one of the two we should go for and
whether there's any others we should consider?

Thanks

Andy