Re: Whole House Audio Touchscreen Setup on a Budget

Hmmm tbh I know that when I looked at getting airport/mac swmbo
approval was very low.

The Sonos does what it says on the tin with no tweaking or fiddling,
it just works (sounds like another product I know).

I can't think of anything that sonos can do, that a home computer
setup with custom made scripts couldn't replicate.

But I know know what one my wife would choose ;)

Sean

On Jan 2, 2008 12:43 PM, Ho Yin Ng <architect.hoyin@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Mark
>
> It looks good and coupled with EyeTV I might go for this over Sonos.
>
> Different zones don't bother me as my place is too small.
>
> Can anyone think of something that the Sonos would offer me that this
setup
> would not?
>
> Ho Yin
>
> On 01/01/2008, Mark McCall <lists@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >   Submission by Noel Andrews - I love the idea of Sonos but for
me the
> > price
> > is prohibitive. Being almost entirely a Mac household I've used
an airport
> > express for a few months now and with the release of the Ipod
touch and
> > the
> > discovery of Remote Buddy seeds of a solution were planted. Read
on to
> > find
> > out how I put these items together to create my own budget priced
whole
> > house audio solution...
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/2y7bpf
> >
> > M.

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying
to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

- Unknown