RE: Stair step lights

Well,

The LED's are these:

http://www.abstractavr.com/steplights/lu1ip/

But a special order RGB mix at source LED - 1W. Actually pretty bright for
a marker/step light. I have about 16-17 of these to go in the floor of the
loft in 3 places - Office end wall, Office glass screen and bathroom.

The controllers are 3 of these:

http://www.abstractavr.com/leddrivers/lud48/

These have DMX control too.

For the DMX control I use one of these:

http://www.milinst.com/

512 channel serial to DMX controller.

I then use Lehane's excellent xAP to DMX software controller and generate
the xAP commands from CBus and/or HV Pro (and of course, any other HA app
required), through Kevin's superb HV/xAP/CBus gateway and out to xAP. The
xAP DMX software picks up the commands and controls the LED controllers.

(enough superlatives yet?) ;)

I can control the separate RGB channels (and white if the LED fixture has a
separate white LED but these don't) and overall dim level. The LUD48 LED
drivers also have a macro facility (8 macros - e.g. fade from 1 colour to
another to another at a set rate etc etc) that can be triggered by a DMX
channel. The driver can also be set to control the LEDs via an HSL (hue,
saturation and luminance) model rather than RGB if required.

So not exactly a cheap setup but very controllable and nice kit :)

At the moment, these are running on a bench (or on the floor!) until the
loft second fix has been done (starting next week). CBus is all ready to
start controlling them, I've just got to decide what scenes to setup and
what colours/fades look best. The purple/blue hues look really funky :)
although I've got a bit of experimenting to do yet...

Paul.

controllable
> LED's in the loft though :) ) - I like the brighter halogen effect for
> the stair treads.
> >
> > Paul.

reasonable price
> >> and
> >> looks good.
> >>
> >> Any ideas/recommendations welcomed :-)
> >>
> >> Paul.

> >> ****       Computers You Carry          ****

> >> Unless stated otherwise above:
> >> IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales
with
> >> number
> >> 741598.
> >> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth,
Hampshire