RE: [OT] Weird acting monitor

Hardware failure aside, it sounds to me like it's receiving a mode
that it can't display - are you ABSOLUTELY sure that the resolution and
particularly the refresh rate are set to 1280x1024 and 60Hz?

May be worth setting the graphics card to this again on another monitor and
swapping straight over to the problem LCD. I'd also try setting 1024x768 at
60Hz too.

Does the BIOS screen and windows bootup graphics show when the PC is
booted?

Paul.