RE: Building the HP ML110 G4

  • Subject: RE: Building the HP ML110 G4
  • From: Jamie Whitehorn <jamie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 17:34:56 GMT

As Paul said nLite (http://www.nliteos.com) would be a
excellent tool to try - it takes care of the process of slipstreaming the
drivers into the installation disk. The basic process is:
1. Install nLite on a PC somewhere.
2. Copy the contents of the Windows 2003 installation CD to a folder
3. Download the drivers to a folder
4. Download any service packs, hotfixes  you want to include to a folder
5. Run nLite and it will walk you through the process, asking you where the
various files are. It then integrates all the files for you and creates an
.iso file.
6. Burn the .iso file to a CD
7. Boot from the CD and install the O/S
I created one from W2003 with all the drivers and SP2, and it worked a
treat.
HTH, Jamie