RE: Re: RJ45 crimp recommendations please

> Thanks for all the advice, as each one came in I thought
"I'll get it"
> except the =A3=A3=A3 one.  I am sure I saw the AMP one from ebay at
mintr=
an
> for consderably more and this is the one I'll probably go for.

That AMP one off ebay is what I use ... it seems to be exactly the same as
the ones that sell elsewhere for stupid money with the exception that if
(when) someone decides to misplace it into their own toolbag you don't feel
like calling out MI-5 to find it again.=20
=20
> What dies do people use?

Just the set that come with the crimp tool itself ... supposed to be good
for a thousand or so crimps and anyway at that kind of price they're almost
disposable!

The most important thing though is that after a hard day terminating cables
you don't end up with such sore hands - in fact if you're used to the
crimp=
with less mechanical leverage advantage you'll find yourself squeezing them
far tighter than you need to!

Phil
=20

signatur=