From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Sam Partington
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 3:03 AM
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Finally a HiDef Replacement for XBMC?

I'm not particularly up on xbmc, but I would have thought that xbmc is
running atop of the xbox os, which is a very cut down version of win32
(loosley based on 2k I think).

This may be a fairly small OS, but it would be a seriously big step
for the developers to remove this bottom layer completely. There's a
lot more hardware abstraction that goes on in your typical OS than
just the CPU, I'd guess the graphics and sound would be the least of
their worries.

Sam

On 08/02/2008, Richard <rich_lists@xxxxxxx
<mailto:rich_lists%40richms.com>