Fw: Broadband ADSL Help

  • Subject: Fw: Broadband ADSL Help
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 22:14:22 +0000

If it's an LLU DSL, then they are known to have problems with certain
chipsets - especially used by Netgear.

I was forced down a LLU route by a mass migration to Tiscali recently -
after 3 years with no issues, I immediately got frequent disconnects, A
Thompson Speedtouch 585 v6 is on it's way as its said to have a rock solid
chipset.

G.

Gareth Cook
IT Architect / Project Manager, SWG Sales Europe
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 04/02/2008 22:02 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 20:15

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] Broadband ADSL Help
.
Category:

Hi everyone,

I've been having some problems with my broadband recently. About 6 months
ago we moved across to Vodafone at Home from BT for broadband and home
phone.

Al has been fine except over the last few months I've come across more and
more times where my internet connection seems to be dropping occasionally.

Happened for quite a bit on Saturday to such an extent that I couldn't get
on the internet at all.

Am using a Router (Netgear DG834G) connected via microfilter to the phone
line.

No problems with wireless at all, that stays fine. It is the ADSL light on
the router which keeps dropping and then re-connecting.

Have checked with Vodafone and they said it was the wireless but advised
them it can't be because the wireles is still connected. No recognisable
problem with phone line.

Any ideas?

--

Mark Golledge