Re: Sony BDP-S550's - built in LAN and Java!

  • Subject: Re: Sony BDP-S550's - built in LAN and Java!
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 23:48:03 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@...> wrote:

> Hmmm ... the last 1Tb drives I saw were =A366 each *INC* VAT

Wow - where was that?  I've not seen any less than =A377.=20=20

I'm expecting Dear Prudence's economy-wrecking crusade to result in=20
higher prices very soon, seeing as the exchange rate collapse is=20
moving against imported tech.

> I keep buying "big" drives
> when they come out and are expensive so my first 1Tb drive was=20
=A3400. (My
> first 1Gb flashcard was =A3404, my first 27Gb hard disc was =A3280
-=20
you get an
> idea of the trend huh?)=20

Yeah, I'm going to try my best to be patient when the 2Tb drives come=20
out...

> I've just this weekend added another 20 SATA drivebays to my server
> (with the possibility of adding another 20 before I have to start=20
rethinking
> hardware) so I should be good for another year. ;-)
>=20

20?!!!  Do you have the facility to spin these drives down, or do you=20
just turn the heating down? ;-)

Mal

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109