Re: DECT phones. Latest recommendations.

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 10:52:34 +0000, you wrote:

>I'm currently looking at getting one of the Siemens Gigasets either
>S685 IP or the S675 IP but not quite made up my mind yet.
>
>Andy
>
>2008/12/6 Peter and Jane <pandj.munnoch@xxxxxxx>:
>> Not sure if this is OT. If yes then AIA (apologies in advance!)
>>
>> We are still running a Deutsche Telekom DECT phone brought back
with us 5 years ago. It is brilliant but getting aged and now I want
several handsets in the new house. Over the years I have found the quality,
range, features and menu structure of DECT phones to be very variable. The
German one I have and like is probably made by Siemens, and I notice BT
sold it as a BT Diverse 5410.

>> The list of requirements is
>> 4 handsets
>> Pick up on any and transfer to any
>> Answerphone, accessible from all handsets.
>> Hands free available on all handsets
>> Decent range. House has steel reinforced concrete basement. Signal
needs to get down there.
>> Caller display including lookup from directory so name is
displayed.
>> Calls in and out list (say last 10)
>> Missed calls list
>> Page (to find missing handsets)
>> Non irritating menu system
>> Non irritating failure recovery (I read that some cheapo's revert
to factory settings if range lost)
>> Central directory (or ability to easily copy from handset to
handset.
>> Not bothered about SMS.
>> Not bothered about VOIP as Sipgate does that.

I have the Siemens Gigaset S685 IP and 'it just works'.

For me the advantage is that it can deal with a normal line and
multiple VOIP lines at once, and the answerphone system can answer all
of them.

I can't list all the features, as many of them I don't use, and I
just have one handset, but those I know about:

4 handset packs are available
There are quite elaborate rules that can be set as to which handset
answers which call.
The range on mine is good - but there is no way to know about problems
with other people's house contruction!
It has a call in and out list.
It has a missed call list.
Answerphone is accessible from any handset I believe - or you can
restrict it to just some.

Regards,
Harry.

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109