RE: [OT] : Bulk processing - any ideas?

Oh I have four "spare" 1Tb drives here at the moment and the
whole plan is
to pull the standalone drives from the current XP "server",
rebuild it with
the "new" motherboard and those "spare" drives, install
WHS on it and then
copy the contents of the pulled drives over to it.

The reason why I'm asking about creating the ISOs is because I do think
that
WHS slots files into the first available space which will end up with the
situation that I described - where all the .IFO and .BUP files will likely
end up on the first drive with all the much larger .VOB files spread out
across 8 or 9 1Tb drives so losing drive 1 would mean the effective loss of
everything. If I assemble each movies files and folders into an ISO image
then at least all the files for that movie will be kept together when
they're copied to the "new" server.

I've found a little application called "ImgBurn" which looks like
it can be
used from the command line to do what I need - to automatically create an
ISO image file from a directory structure - I just need to look at how to
write an appropriate batch file "wrapper" to parse an entire
drive,
automatically generate the ISO images, copy them in turn to another
location
etc.

Oh - I read somewhere that the *PRIMARY* drive on a WHS machine shouldn't
be
the smallest drive in the system ... does anyone know why that is? It's
gonna be a bit of a pain if I have to dedicate a complete 1Tb drive to
being
a boot drive. :-D

Phil

need to do is