Fw: Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Which HA standard to use for first home?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:39:53 +0000

bass security system in the US - thats where I got all my UK modules
from

Which was why I couldn't resist getting one while the discount was
still applicable.  The appliance includes an OpenWRT router too, so I
should be able to replace my WRT54GL with this as well as controlling
my home :o)

Now, to find some cheap ZWave switches.  Any better online shops than
LetsAutomate?

Duncan

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <yahoogroupskh@...> wrote:

> Ahh yes - I was reading from the wrong website...
>
>   "When you order Vera the Z-Wave stick is available either in
European

wrote:

> >> Hi Duncan,
> >>
> >>     Bear in mind there is that the Z-Wave frequencies used in
the US

> > are
> >
> >> different to those in Europe/UK.   This is why we need a
European
> >> version of the Z-Troller for example.  You could import and
use US
> >> versions of Z-Wave modules (contra regulations) but then you
have
the
> >> mains voltage/frequency,  plug style and the form factor if
they

> > replace
> >
> >> light switches/sockets as well as no CE approval.  Maybe
there is a
> >> European version of the Vera on the way , or that the
hardware was

> > built
> >
> >> dual standard ??

fell in
love
normal
people,
Linux
Router

fairly cheap, I
review
of it,

> > goes.

> > Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
> > http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.