RE: Envious...

  • Subject: RE: Envious...
  • From: "Nick Tyson - The Edge" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 11:09:19 -0000

Nicely put - and accurate

Nick (Integrator)

_____

From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Rob Mouser
Sent: 02 December 2008 11:02
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Envious...

Picking up on this thread.......

You can achieve this without a custom installer. The barn (which we have
just let) had all of those features (less the motorised bits) and didn't
look at all geeky or techy, in fact I hope it looked modern and
contemporary. BUT....It comes at a significant cost in terms of kit and
TIME. When I started it I had no idea how long it would take to
complete, quite literally hundreds of man hours. Then there is all the
tweaking and SWMBO tweaks that are needed.

For my money custom install by people like Stephen is a long hard job
and I can't even begin to imagine how a CI guy then deals with the
average luddite end user! Yes, the costs might seem high but consider
the labour costs alone (those people on this list who employ staff will
know what I mean!) in installing and configuring a full system. I would
bet my life the margins aren't anywhere near what you think.

I have never seen a true "licence to print money" business. In
fact I
would say they don't exist. I know many successful people and everyone
has achieved their success through sheer hard work, perseverance and
balls the size of Haytor!

Sorry I'll get off my soap box and get back to work.

Rob

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109