Fw: Which HA standard to use for first home?

  • Subject: Fw: Which HA standard to use for first home?
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 17:22:57 +0000

I think Comfort and a CBUS UCM module is about =A3500 ? Nigel Harding
can=20
give you some good prices, he of ex-Comfort UK.

You'd then plug the CBUS wireless gateway into the Comfort CBUS UCM=20
module. The rest of CBUS can be wireless then. All your CBUS devices can=20
be dumb and let Comfort handle all the logic.=20

With ZWave, my CBUS switches can control them, via Comfort. No PC's in=20
sight - all solid state.

I've seen a little about the Comfort system, do you have some rough
prices for the setup of the main control system?

I presume the Comfort & CBus UCM is wired? or am I wrong here?  At the
moment I'm looking for a wireless solution.

It would be good talk to someone with some experience.  I'm duncan dot
sample at gmail if you use Jabber.

Duncan

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Gareth Cook <g@...> wrote:
> Duncan
>=20
> I've now got Comfort connected to my main CBUS network, and some old
X10
> (which shall soon be retired), and now I also have ZWave.
>=20
> Comfort has CBUS and ZWave UCM's to control them centrally. I dont
use CBUS
> logic at all.
>=20
> Happy to talk offline if you're interested in any of these.
>=20
>  The prices on your blog seem high - you'll prob find you can get
them for
> almost half that price.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hi
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> I've been following HA things on and off for a few years, and finally
>=20
>=20
> getting my first home, so am researching more thoroughly now.  I've
>=20
>=20
> written a blog post about the different standards I could find and
>=20
>=20
> have settled on ZWave for the moment.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> What I'm looking for is some feedback on my blog post, as it details
>=20
>=20
> pretty much all my thoughts of the different standards and I'd like to
>=20
>=20
> know if I'm way off or if there's some options I haven't looked into
yet.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20

http://www.sample.org.uk/blog/?action=3Dpost&post=3Dhome_automation_standar=
ds
> [...]
>=20
> http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://www.automatedhome.co.ukYahoo!
>  Groups Links
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d/
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>    Individual Email  Traditional
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ukha_d/join
>=20
>=20
>    (Yahoo! ID required)
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> mailto:ukha_d-digest@xxxxxxx
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> mailto:ukha_d-fullfeatured@xxxxxxx
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>    ukha_d-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Unless stated otherwise above:
>=20
>=20
number
> 741598.
>=20
>=20
> Registered office: PO Box 41, North Harbour, Portsmouth, Hampshire
PO6 3AU

Limited Time Offer - Free iPhone VAT Calculator
http://berble.com/index.php/component/content/article/109

Unless stated otherwise above:
IBM United Kingdom Limited - Registered in England and Wales with number=20
741598.=20