Re: RE: Wattson

Hi Martyn,

Snap - I've also (half) written a xAP connector for it which reports
BSC level devices with display text information  that reflect the time
period stats that the device reports and also current usage.  The
periods are converted from the rolling time slots of the XML into fixed
time slots .

The BSC level device outputs are useful in that this then allows
you to easily draw realtime  graphs for the past 24 hours (2 hour
intervals) or the last minute in 6 second intervals.  I implemented it
in xLobby using level sliders to draw bar graphs...which update in
realtime.

Of course as you have done the xAP data could go into a DB via say
xAP Floorplan or OPNMax - which can draw very detailed graphs.

One issue I'm experiencing is that the device does not give
consistent readings.  Turning a kettle on for example shows a 3KW jump
but then turning it off only shows a 200W drop.  I believe this is
because other wires are adjacent to the clamp but I need to investigate
further.

I had envisaged a way of checking that light bulbs hadn't blown by
switching lamps on very briefly in a 'check cycle' and double checking
the expected increase in current usage.  Perhaps  doing this during
times when the building was unoccupied eg when the alarm was set.  This
alongside a check that watched when the automation system turned things
on/off and monitored the expected current changes.  Idratek's Cortex for
example already allows associating a wattage to each light you create.

I understand that later versions of the current cost are planned and
may offer a USB interface....   On the existing Current Cost a special
cable is orderable direct from the company for around a tenner. + P&P