Re: Temperature Monitoring - 1-Wire or other solution?

Ben McCormack wrote:
> All
> What's the best solution for temperature monitoring and logging around
> the house. I have the following need
> Monitoring of temperature in 10-20 places inside the house
> Logging of the temperature back to central PC
> Is 1-wire the best solution?

1-wire works, although if you have a lot of sensors on a single bus it
can be quite slow to read all the temperatures.

I've been using a "T.O.M.10" board for quite a while (although
it's
temporarily de-commissioned due to needing the MSS-100 elsewhere), which
splits the sensors off into separate runs and provides the bus power.
It's no longer available sadly, but the "TEMP08" board is a
similar sort
of thing.

rfxcom might be worth a look?
http://www.rfxcom.com/