Re: Temperature Monitoring - 1-Wire or other solution?

Jim - When you say quit slow what do you mean? Lets say I had 20 temp
sensors.

I have been looking at this following

1-Wire Netowork
links to
opnode unit - 1-Wire to Ethernet + (xAP + xPL - I don't currently use
either of these but may so in future)

Ben

On 5 Aug 2008, at 16:01, Jim Noble wrote:

> Ben McCormack wrote:
> > All
> > What's the best solution for temperature monitoring and logging
> around
> > the house. I have the following need
> > Monitoring of temperature in 10-20 places inside the house
> > Logging of the temperature back to central PC
> > Is 1-wire the best solution?
> >

> 1-wire works, although if you have a lot of sensors on a single bus it
> can be quite slow to read all the temperatures.
>
> I've been using a "T.O.M.10" board for quite a while
(although it's