Re: Modern Home Servers - Power Savings

  • Subject: Re: Modern Home Servers - Power Savings
  • From: "pjqx" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 15:09:14 -0000

I just finished a 10 day powertest on my home server (built into an=20
IBM server Chassis with 3.4G Xeon & 1.5TB of drives and it runs at=20
about 100W on average which I was delighted with.  I have installed=20
the LIGHTS OUT Add-in but haven't got it shutting down over night=20
just yet - but I imagine if I shut it down for 8 hours over night=20
there wouldn't be any downside - except for the uTorrent client not=20
taking advantage of the unmetered hours from my ISP.

Tim.=20