OT: Buying a car that has a different price on the dealers website?

  • Subject: OT: Buying a car that has a different price on the dealers website?
  • From: Vargster <vargster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 08:16:18 +0100

Sorry for the OT post, but I know there are some legal types on here,
and it
does involve the internet... :)

I signed on the dotted line yesterday to buy a newish car from a main
dealer
yesterday. It was slightly higher than I wanted to pay and slightly higher
than the book value, but the car was lovely, so I thought, what the heck.

On getting home last night, the kids wanted to see the car, so I looked it
up on the dealers website, and was -

a) rather gobsmacked that it was on there, as the salesman said that they
only got it in the day before...
b) very gobsmacked that the price on the website was nearly a grand LESS
than on the forecourt...

So my question is, what can I do about it?

I'm pretty sure when I ring up later, they'll just try to say it was
"genuine mistake" and it should have been the higher price, but
it's kind of
soured the whole deal for me...

Any thoughts?
Lee