RE: Over 100 New European Products at Z-Wave Alliance Summit

> It's really disappointing our HA distributors aren't stepping
> into these markets as I feel these sout of MOQ are reasonable

I've had a chat with maybe 3 or 4 of our well known etailers and there are
several problems from their end.  For example most of these manufacturers
are new to them and so they have no relationship or experience with them.
know one case where an entire shipment of HA gear was faulty and this was
only discovered after lots of items had been sold - you can imagine the
associated costs of customers returning items and replacing - even if you
got a full refund from the manufacturers you'd be well out of pocket.  Also
these new relationships require money up-front and MOQs of 500 units.

So while I really would like to see a decent Z-Wave range here, I can also
see the retailers point of view.  Perhaps we need a large distributor to
take the burden and risk off the retailers, although this will inevitably
lead to higher prices for us all with the additional middle-man.

M.