Latest message you have seen: Re: Raspberry Pi in HA?

RE: Re: Confused with Video distribution

Personally I think baluns are definitely the way to go - so much more
flexible in installation and use than hard wired coax (yes you need 3 x
good quality coax - not TV aerial stuff -for a component (YUV) signal PLUS
you also need audio - either a coax for digital or two coax for stereo).
Having Cat5 baluns (i.e. Keith's Kat5 units) is far better as you can send
the signal longer distances and make use of a structured Cat5
infrastructure. Of course that Cat5 infrastructure can also send Ethernet
and a whole host of other signals. I have RS232 for some devices,
signalling for sensors etc etc.

I also noticed CPC are doing component wallplates that have the Cat5 balun
built into them - the transmitter end only needs power. Looks quite
interesting.

Paul.