Re: [OT] Problems with Win2003 IIS6 ASP Classic

  • Subject: Re: [OT] Problems with Win2003 IIS6 ASP Classic
  • From: "Paul Bendall" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:55:20 -0000

Sounds to me like the context that ASP is running under doesn't have
sufficient rights. The IUSR_ account is for anonymous access to HTML
pages through IIS. As far as I can remeber ASP is controled via the
IIS add-ins or COM object model. I would think that ASP is running
Network Services which is not a domian account and therefore not
apart of everyone.

Paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, ukha@... wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Can anyone help with a Win2003 problem.
>

> I have an ASP application (Classic ASP not ASP.net) that works
fine on
> XP PRo IIS5 but I just cant get it to run under Win2003 IIS6. As
soon
> as I try to create a database connection I get the following
> error.......
>

> Server object error 'ASP 0178 : 80070005'
>
> Server.CreateObject Access Error
>
> /crm/Includes/AppConn.asp, line 9
>
> The call to Server.CreateObject failed while checking
permissions.
> Access is denied to this object.
>

> ..... the offending line is .....
>
> Set connection = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")
>

> I have googled extensively and tried all the different settings
that
> are suggested in the various sites and have gone so far as to
give
> full access to IUSR_<machinename> and EVERYONE but I still dont
get
> permission to create the ADODB object.
>
> ASP is definately working because the first page I hit
is "index.asp"
> which then redirects to "Welcome.asp" because I am not
logged in.