Re: Re: X10 dimmer question

I posted a question back in July about ideas to ramp up outside lights
upon pir trigger and ramp down after they time out.
Marcus Warrington was particularly helpful with the lead that an X10^2
modules might work.
This "requirement" is part of my selfbuild on the Isle of Wight,
so things take time.
The purpose of this note is to pass on thanks and to describe the final
configuration.
X10^2 (Kevin Lo, Hong Kong via eBay) dimmers can be configured to take
either a momentary make (default) or an on / off switch.
The switch must join the two control leads (ie they do not work with 240v
applied to the control, like original X10).
So the configuration I have is that pirs and wall switches (in parallel)
switch a din rail contactor in one of my 5 consumer units (eventually 6!!).
Contactor makes the control input to X10^2.
Lamps soft start.
Contactor drops out when pir times out or wall switch goes off.
Lamps dim to zero.
As of yesterday...it works.
Thanks guys.
Rgds