Help .. any idvice on a small IR eye

Just bought an LCD TV for fitting in the wall at the end of the bath
(www.environvision.com <http://www.environvision.com/>
) but want to
wire an IR receiver behind it so that I can "spy" on the remote
control
signals . My eventual aim would be to have the XBOX connected to the TV
as another source and I'd like the remote to be able to control the XBMC
menus etc (using HomeVision to translate codes). Anyone know of a
suitable IR receiver that I can use... hopefully a cheap one :-)

What would be nice is if someone made a combined receiver and emitter,
that way I could use HomeVision to control the TV .. change source, turn
on/off etc.

Once the TV is fixed in place it would require complete removal of the
TV to add it later so I need to do it soon.

Marcus