Re: Re: Remote Desktop

Hi Paul,

Useful tips - I guess I haven't explored the RDP options much - probably
got
the redirects on by default, not sure that there is a non-console option on
the XP Pro server version.

I get a problem when Cortex restarted (whether automatic or manual), access
violation and left in a funny mode where it had to be killed off using task
manager. I'm running it on XP Pro, so have to see whether that makes a
difference. I had the same problem when I used XP RDP client to access it,
so I don't think it is the Mac client.

I will explore further ...

Cheers

David

On 9/6/07, Paul Bendall <paul@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   Hi David,
>
> I am running Cortex on a headless Windows 2003 Server and RDP to it
> from my Windows XP laptop. I haven't had any problems updating Cortex.
>
> Intially I discovered that RDP must be to the console and that no
> redirection of drives, audio, printers, etc should be enabled.
>
> Paul
>

> > BUT - there is a bug that causes Cortex to lockup/crash if you
> restart it
> > using an RDP session. So either perform updates manually using
VNC,
> or set
> > auto-update in the middle of the night and ensure you have
> disconnected any
> > RDP sessions.
> >

> > On 9/6/07, Phil Harris <phil@...> wrote:
> > >
> > > Well VNC viewer is what I use to remote administer the Mac
Mini
> that
> > > runs my
> > > server here...
> > >
> > > Phil

<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com><ukha_d%40yahoogrou
> ps.com> [mailto:
> > > ukha_d@xxxxxxx <ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
<ukha_d%40yahoogrou
> ps.com>] On Behalf Of
<ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com><ukha_d%40yahoogrou
> ps.com>

... just
computer from
> our