Re: Z-wave

Not me personally, but my employer, yes.

It has to be 18 months+ since I was last involved, but at that time, the
Z-wave equipment supplied to us was of very poor quality (80%+ DOA!). I'm
not going to name names, as I have no idea if the situation has changed, or
if "we" are dealing with them any more.

I didn't mean to turn this into a Z-Wave bashing thread -(When it did work,
it was VERY impressive!) - - - I'm just curious as to whether or not there
is an official UK Retailer/Distributor of Z-Wave Hardware that has a proven
track record, and full backing of the manufacturers back in
....wherever-it-is :)

I will say that it wasn't "LetsAutomate" who we had problems
with, in case
anybody thinks that's what I'm inferring!

No biggy - "nothing to see here" :) ....I'm sure we, in the UK,
will
eventually get a decent supply of stable kit :)

Thanks for you comments, Mal & Chris.

Rob.

On 9/1/07, Mal Lansell <mal@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   The only UK Z-Wave retailer I've seen is LetsAutomate, but it sounds
> like you're after a wholesale supplier?
>
> Rob Iles wrote:
>
> > I won't get into boring detail, but the main problem (for me) has
been
> > getting a supplier who can supply Z-Wave kit in a reasonable time
> > frame, and
> > doesn't throw the "Well, it's not actually supported in the
UK" card
> > anytime
> > a problem crops up! - - -hence the request for a UK based
distributor
> > (hopefully acredited by Z-Wave Alliance) - - so that I can place
an
> order,
> > and *expect* it to work, rather than have to worry/make special
> > arrangements
> > before hand about returning kit that doesn't function as
> > expected/described/(in some cases, doesn't work at all!!).
> >
> > As I mentioned above, I've never heard of/dealt with Merten, so
this
> isn't
> > meant to reflect badly on them!!
> >
> > </Rant>

> > On 9/1/07, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx
<cjhunter%40dircon.co.uk>
<cjhunter%25>40dircon.co.uk>> wrote:

> > > 'they' being Z-wave or Merten ? The link seems to imply that
Merten
> > > have units available ...
> > >
> > > anyway, don't suppose they are cheap, 'though buying in
Germany would
> > > probably be half as expensive as here ...
> > >
> > > Chris

single site that