Re: HA Server Backup Tool/Process recommendations needed (XP Pro only)

Thanks all for suggestions so far.

I have never read an explanation of what actually happens with typical
motherboard RAID when a mirrored drive fails - I guess I was hoping the
machine would still start and then perhaps a monitor program could detect
failure and notify.

Unfortunately it turns out the mirroring with dynamic disks is not
supported
on XP Pro. You have to buy Windows Server or Vista Extra Special Bill Gates
Extreme Signature Edition or something. Oops, Switcher-bias spilling out
again :-)

Virtualisation is an interesting idea, I guess it means you can keep
snapshots easily. At first guess I think this would fight with Cortex
requirement for a "real" RS-32 port, but it could be an
interesting
experiment.

I've been using Genie Home for scheduled data backups, but I have just
discovered it has some disaster recovery capabilities in the latest version
so will investigate those. The difficulty with these things is testing them
well enough to know that they will work in extremis.

Cheers

David