Re: HA Server Backup Tool/Process recommendations needed (XP Pro only)

David,

This came up recently on the Automated Home forums. I'm a big fan of
Norton (Symantec) Ghost, but there are other apps. An imaged HDD ready
to go directly into a target machine was a backup strategy I used in a
previous job. I didn't worry about having the latest data on the spare
disk as it was just a temporary/emergency measure, but data could be
back-populated onto the new disk, or the temp drive swapped out with
the permanent replacement for the target machine.

The Automated Home thread is here:
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1577

Ghost would backup over a network connection, although I don't know if
it can do this to a NAS solution that isn't a "PC".

HTH,

Tim.

On 10/30/07, David Gumbrell <david.gumbrell@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> My HA server hard disk appears to have started to die last night.
> Makes weird noises, very forgetful but not totally dead. Yet.
<insert