Re: 1-Wire network wiring

  • Subject: Re: 1-Wire network wiring
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 14:31:05 -0000

Neural nets can be very difficult to set up and train, because it's
hard to tell if it is learning the right thing.

A classic example is a camera watching a train platform to see if it
is getting too crowded.  It seemed to be working but would fail
occasionally - it turned out it had "learned" not whether the
platform was full, but whether it could see a bin in the corner
(which was always blocked from view by crowds, but was also very
occasionally blocked by a lone passenger).

Mal

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Chris Hunter" <cjhunter@...> wrote:

> The obvious way to (try to) get it to work is using neural net
software (using it to recognise pattern, programming it via a
teaching & learning process, through giving it lots of examples) ...
using other sensors as well (micropones, PIRs, etc) ... wonder if
anyone has tried something like this ?