RE: Quad processor / server - recommendation ?

Jon,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I initially considered the AMD EE +SSF models but after reading
some reviews I decided that the Intel chips offered a better performance
advantage. Currently the 2 machines (PIII600 & Duron800) seem to be
pulling around 40W a piece.

At the moment I use 2.5" laptop drives in the 2 machines as these use
far less energy.. not sure what to do on the new machine but may well do
the same. The drive is only for the OS etc since all "real" data
will be
stored on the NAS - looking at a 500gig Seagate to start with

Interesting that a EE PSU saved 20W .. that's quite a lot.. the new
machine will definitely use on of those as I acquired one of eBay a few
weeks ago. :-)

Marcus