Re: Water flow sensors?

Paul,

You could probably do this with a number of =A310 cylinder thermostats
clamped to the pipe, *but* I'm not sure whether they'd be responsive
enough if you're using plastic instead of copper. I guess you could
fit a copper section into your piping and mount the thermostats on
those and if you're adding sensing capability near the showers, that
pipework may be in copper anyway...

Although mains-rated, the simple thermostats are dry-contacts anyway.

HTH,

Tim.

On 10/24/07, Paul Gale <groups2@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a cost effective DHW water flow sensor? i.e. not
a =
=A3100
> each RS part! ;)
>
> As my replacement heating system is going in, I want to fit 3 x water
flo=
> sensors in 15mm plastic (JG speedfit) to the supplies to the hot feed
on =
3 x
> showers. The contacts need to be simple no-volt contacts that will
then f=
eed
> into HomeVision. This will allow me to do some clever stuff like
turning =
on