RE: Geovision-based system for social events capture

Idiot proof - mmmm, not very likely!

If you really need a multi camera solution i.e. a number of cameras in
locked-off shots and possibly a single operated camera for close-ups etc, I
think your best bet is to mix the programme live - there are a whole load
of vision mixers out there from the reasonably cheap to bloomin expensive!
Take a look at that basic vision mixer on the Focus page I sent earlier.
Titles etc could also be mixed live but this requires a fair bit of skill
and careful timing on the part of the operator. This is basically how all
news programmes are put together. I've visited a number of studios and it
always amazes me how much manual human control and interaction there is -
even with various automation systems available.

With this, you'd need an operator throughout the show, live mixing suitable
shots - how easy this is and how much experience/training they would need
depends on the content and variability of the show - i.e. is it always the
same or is there an element of live interaction perhaps? Would you need
multiple shots - a single camera shot becomes VERY boring VERY quickly!

This live mix could be burnt directly to DVD as the show progresses and
then replicated reasonably quickly thereafter, but menus etc would depend
on the machine in use.

If you were to go the capture/edit/titling/DVD authoring etc route, I'd be
pretty confident there's no chance at all that you could do this within 10
minutes of show end! Maybe an hour or a bit less though...

If there's any money in this project, it sounds like you need to get a
professional equipment supplier involved with good experience in that kind
of area.

Paul.

Adobe
> >> Premiere
> >> or something similar or straight to a dvd recorder...
> >>
> >> Many thanks,
> >> Thanos

> in
> >>>
> >> reasonable quality as the pictures at 25fps would be far too
> >> compressed. Also the file structure would be difficult to
navigate
> >> get the clips you want (for long format production).

there are a
> few
> >>>
> >> out there in the broadcast world but they're likely to be
pretty
> >> expensive.

events capture

system to