Re:Smoke Alarm

I spent ages looking into smoke alarms and in the end went for a 9V Ei
interlinkable set of heat and smoke alarms.  The link is any old twin core
conductor.  The cable you have found looks like the pukka fire protected
stuff for commercial premises etc.  If you want that, go for it, but I
didn=92t feel that level of protection in my house, if the cable has burnt
through before we get out then we=92re in big trouble :-/

Another thing I found with commercial stuff was that the detectors didn=92t
contain sounders, so more wall/ceiling rash plus more expense.

I was put off the 12V Ei interlinkable alarms that I could have powered
direct from Idranet as they were about 50% more expensive that the 9V
version with a 10yr battery.  The only disadvantage of this is that the
lin=
is not a volt-free contact but a 6-9V signal.  Opto-isolator or relay
required to do the link into idranet.

=20

HTH, but note I haven=92t fitted them yet!

=20

Jon

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
14/10/200=