NAS Recommendations

Just dipping my toes into the Vista Media Center water and must admit
am quite impressed wit it.

I know a few of you are using similar system so can anyone recommend a
NAS box (either filled or an enclosure) to use with this system for
streaming video. Criteria are transfer speed, noise and power
consumption. The ability to hibernate when not in use would be nice, as
would the ability to expand the box to larger drives at a later date.

Also what is perceived best practice for ripping DVDs and viewing them
on MCE and extenders? I have tried several of the recommended solutions
but all seem to have problems (single VOB won't play, MPEGs have poor
skipping facility, etc.).

Regards
Chris