Re: Need some help ASAP : Home Alarm needed

Hi Ben,

Dean made a very comment here that new policed alarm installations
require 'confirmed' response.  The panel needs to support this although
older stable systems are I believe exempt  Basically you need to have an
activation of two different technology sensors in order to trigger the
police response. If only 1 sensor triggers then that isn't sufficient.
This can be quite awkward  if you want to fully protect single rooms as
you need more than just a PIR (otherwise they are vulneable assuming an
intruder stays within it and hasn't tripped say the window sensor).

Policed response can be expensive too , I guess it varies from
installer to installer but maybe £500 per year , including the
bi-annual
servicing and a Redcare line - althouigh the latter isn't mandatory.